1.05.2009

i want to...

...TRANSPLANT MYSELF TO NYC.

It's surprisingly weird to be back in Tallahassee. I haven't been back home for longer than a few days since I spent summer there after my freshman year of college. It was refreshing. I can't decide if I'm glad to be back at school or not, but I'm going to live it up best I can while I simultaneously figure out what to do with the rest of my life. Kinda scary. I'm having really amazing (note sarcasm) anxiety about it right now. AHHHH! But I'm happy, I think, and that's what matters. 2009 should be an amazing year and hopefully I'll surprise myself. 2008 was a year of change and learning. I allowed myself to let go of the one person I never thought I'd need to, I began to really figure out who I am, who I want to be, and who I don't want to be. I accepted the fact that I love pizza and french fries and I love my hips, even though they may or may not reflect my eating habits. For the first time in awhile, I like where my head is at. It's crazy, but it's not anything I can't handle. I sort of like the chaos and confusion that's going on in my life right now. You know? It's so different than what I've been used to, regarding everything from friendships, relationships, boys, shopping, partying, thoughts, musical preferences, speaking my mind, not giving a shit, etc. etc. etc. I lost myself for a little while and I didn't even know it and now I finally feel like me again. I'd say the theme of my 2008 and the way I plan on doing 2009 is LIBERATION.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

its the best city in the world x